Friday 3 July 2009

about the forthcoming interview

posted by Mayra Dias Gomes,http://www.fotolog.com/sensationslave/
and translated by mariana_lico (thank you)


When love and death embrace...

"Ville Valo got to our hotel downtown on foot, with a backpack on his back and a cigarette between his lips, shook everyone's hands and we went to the club in the hotel, where the interview would happen. In Finland, Ricardo Campos (editor chief of Roadie Crew [a magazine]), and I were a team. He'd focus on the technical aspects of the artists and I'd go for the personal things. The plan was to always start with him, and it involved the artists talking about their stuff listening to their favorite artists. A lot of times, like with Jyrki (from The 69 Eyes) it would go on for hours. In Ville's case, however, it made things easier for me. My interview was about Valo's new phase - no drugs, no alcohol, no girlfriend, releasing a new record on Valentines Day. I was nervous about my questions because I didn't want to disturb him, but I was surprised to see that he wanted to talk about everything that I wanted to know. And more: with a lot of humor and humbleness, drinking a Red Bull.
Ville told me he doesn't like to go out on dates. He likes it when it hits him unexpectedly. I asked if he's looking for love and he said that he put his hook in the water, but so far, no good fish has taken the bait. He said he's looking forward to fall head over heels again, among other things.
We talked about the death of loved ones, literature, about the new producer, who has worked with people like Panic! At The Disco and Katy Perry, about quitting drinking, drugs, sex...
It was a wonderful interview. It was probably one of my best ones, 'cause I got him right where I wanted him.
When it ended, Ville hung out with us talking and smoking. He had planned to meet us later that night to see Candlemass at Tavastia. Before he left, though, he did a few very special favors: an "advertisement" for Spin Earth holding Ricardo's band's cd and took a picture with the t-shirt of my Bastardz friends.

A rockstar everyone should look up to. A human being everyone should look up to. Thank you, Ville. We love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment